Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19 - More digging and more heat

I have had no internet connection for the last three days, and we have no idea when the local server will be up and running.  So I went and purchased a device that plugs into my computer that gives me about 2 GB of access to the internet direct from my computer – I hope that this works well enough to enable me to upload my notes and keep you all in the loop.  The device is called a Dongle, an Australian term made famous by Crocodile Dundee.

Today was just as hot as yesterday, but that did not stop us from making some good progress at the dig.  We are still in the mud brick layer in the ballroom and it may take us several more days to get down to the bottom layers where we hope to find more interesting objects.  I would love to find another spear, especially if it were impaled in a skull.  That will not happen because this is in a house, not on a battlefield.  But I would be happy with a gold necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here